I found this Book Tag through Millay’s Musings post.
The post doesn’t seem to have any rules, but I’m going to tag as many of my fellow book bloggers as possible 🙂 I won’t be offended if you don’t answer the questions yourself and if you don’t want to be tagged in future then please let me know 😀
3 Read Once and Loved Authors
I don’t really understand this question. Is it 3 Authors that I’ve only read one book of, or is it 3 Authors who’s books I read once but loved? Well, now I’ve re-read what I just wrote, I’m even more confused (doesn’t take much). I’m going to go with three Authors who I loved after just reading ONE of their books, though I may have now read more than one of their books. Does this even make sense!
- Stephanie Hudson – She is the Author of the Afterlife Saga. I found Afterlife as a Kindle Daily Deal and I thought it was one of the best books I had ever read. I just couldn’t put it down. I’ve never been able to leave the Afterlife Fan Club since as she continues to bring out beyond epic novels!
- Robin Hobb – The Author of The Farseer Trilogy to name but a few. I found a huge pile of Robin Hobb books at a carboot sale for 20p each. I obviously bought the lot. I hate the condition they are in though so always on the look out for them in pristine condition. The first book I read by Robin Hobb was The Assassins Apprentice. What a book!
- Brian Jacques – The Author of the Redwall books. My Gran and Grandad bought me a 1986 Hardback of Redwall when I was around 8 or 9 years old. I couldn’t believe the story, it was absolutely incredible. The Redwall books will always have a place in my heart. There are some that I have not read yet and I will be doing so one day soon!
3 Titles I’ve Watched but Not Read
- The Witcher by Andrzej Sapkowski – though I do plan on it!
- The Vampire Diaries by L J Smith – on my book shelf, will get round to them.
- Pet Semetary by Stephen King – watching it was terrifying enough, I’ll not be reading this thank you!
3 Series I have Binged
- The Twilight Saga by Stephanie Mayer – I think I read these books in less than a week. I also read her other book, The Host in less than a day, which for a book which I think is over 800 pages, was quite impressive.
- The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare – Though I absolutely love the Mortal Instruments series by the same Author, this trilogy blew me away. It is set in the Victorian times, in London and has a big Steampunk thing going on that I can’t help but love. This is also the series that made me cry the most, I won’t say why as I don’t want to spoil it.
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins – my dad bought me the first book from Waterstone’s when we went to view a University together. I read it on the 4 hour train journey home and I instantly needed to read the next one. I was actually really disappointed with the 3rd book. I thought that there was this huge build up to something great and then loads of things happened in one chapter before it all just came to an end.
3 Characters I love
3? You gotta be kidding me! How about 300? No… okay… here is 3.
- Lucius Septimus from Afterlife Saga by Stephanie Hudson – he’s witty, sarcastic, sexy and a vampire – SOLD!
- Martin the Warrior from several of the Redwall books by Brian Jacques – He’s a mouse. He wears armour. He don’t take no Shhhh from nobody! (that’s a triple negative!)
- Katsa from The Graceling by Kristen Cashore – She’s incredibly badass and beautiful… and she also doesn’t take any Shhh from nobody. I aspire to be like Katsa!
3 Current Favorite Covers
3 Weirdest things I’ve used for bookmarks
- Mobile phone
- Strand of Hair
- Tea Towel
3 Favourite Authors
- Stephanie Hudson – I’ve already mentioned her in this blog actually but her books are absolutely fantastic. Not only that, she is very in-touch with her fans, something not all authors are. She has a very active fan page and does many live videos. She keeps fans in the loop about what’s going on in the Afterlife and Transfusion world AND she puts on live events for her fans too.
- Charis Bell – Charis is actually a very new author to me. She messaged me via Instagram and asked if I would be interested in reviewing her two books; The Peasant’s Choice and Ridiculously Proud: Diary of a Diva (click on the book names and you will see my reviews). I also did an author Interview with Charis and it was great fun (Link here). What I like about Charis is how genuine she is as a person and you can see this in the interview and through the characters in her novels.
- J K Rowling – You might not agree with my reasoning here, but I’m going to let you know what I think anyway. J K Rowling is one of my favourite authors because she brought us the world of Harry Potter. I love Harry Potter and it is a big part of who I am but… I enjoy the movies more than the books.
3 Unpopular Bookish Opinions
- Well, I’ve just stated one above – The Harry Potter Movies are better than the Books.
- The Hobbit books and the Lord of The Rings Books are boring. I am sorry… I just feel that if you want to explain that it is raining to a reader, write ‘it was raining’. We don’t need an 11 page essay FRONT AND BACK to let us know it was raining (yes, I am aware of the HUGE exaggeration there, but you get my point).
- The 50 Shades of Grey books are over-rated.
3 Book Goals For the Year
- Read 52 Books – I’ve read 15 so far.
- Reach 50 Followers on my blog – Each and every one I am thankful for.
- Help promote as many authors as I can.
Tags: Swords & Spectres
A Cat, A Book, and A Cup of Tea
and anyone who’s reading this now!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
❤ Gee Liz
If you like what you read please think about supporting me on Kofi 🙂https://ko-fi.com/widgets/widget_2.jskofiwidget2.init(‘Support Me on Ko-fi’, ‘#e02897’, ‘V7V7434PG’);kofiwidget2.draw();
4 thoughts on “Book Tag: 3 Bookish Things”
I binged those same three series! And I so agree. Mortal Instruments was great, but Infernal Devices was just out of this world awesomeness!
Oh you did indeed tag me before, sorry I missed it. Don’t know how it works thought I’d get a notification or something 😅😅 well now I have something interesting to do tomorrow 🤔
Haha enjoy it
LikeLiked by 1 person